Out of the blue, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Wendy Megget (Writer). Thanks, Wendy.
Please check out Wendy’s blog. She is a talented, published author from New Zealand, who writes light-hearted stories that entertain and inspire.
The Rules are:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!!
- Make up to 11 questions and ask them of your nominees!
- Notify your 11 nominees and nominator and share the link to your post.
Here are 11 Facts About Me:
- I have been retired from my job as a Manager, Construction Projects for a major national bank for the past 5 years. It is the best promotion I ever worked for.
- I am an avid amateur photographer. My photos inspire my blog posts and adorn the walls in my home.
- I enjoy gardening and abhor weeds.
- I enjoy walking, hiking, cycling, skiing and anything outdoors (except heat and mosquitoes).
- I have taken on some hiking challenges lately (Bright Angel Trail in the Grand Canyon and BCMC on Grouse Mountain in Vancouver in 2018) and most recently, I survived a 3 day, 54 k back country hike near Banff, Alberta.
- I love to plan and travel, around the block or around the world.
- My happiest moments are those spent with family and friends.
- I attempt to play the mandolin.
- I love to bake biscuits, scones and lately Levain breads.
- I am a farm boy, who excelled in school, took a distance learning certificate course, but never made it to University.
- I am a coffee snob.
Here are the answers to the questions Wendy has asked:
- Where is the most beautiful or majestic place you’ve seen? – This is a tough one. I have been very fortunate to travel to so many places. Top 3 would be Milford Sound, New Zealand, Eze-le Village in France and anywhere in the Canadian Rockies.
- What sort of weather is your favourite? – Sunny, +23C and a light breeze.
- Have you ever saved a life? How? – I have been told I have. A friend was not taking care of his health and my long chat with him encouraged him to go see a doctor and seek help.
- What is your favourite quote? – I can not recall who the quote is attributed to, but I saw it in the Readers Digest in 1978 when I was going through a particularly tough time in my new job. “During the good times, you are only half as good as you think you are and during the bad times, you are only half as bad as your boss thinks you are.” In other words, it is all a matter of perception, rather than reality. Stay humble and stay focused. Don’t listen to the noise.
- If you had a spirit animal, what would it be? – as a Scorpio, it should be a scorpion, but they scare the crap out of me. I would have to say a wolf, not a lone wolf, but a wolf, nonetheless.
- What is the most valuable quality you look for in people? – Honesty. Don’t tell me what I want to hear. Tell me the truth.
- Is there something in this world that you haven’t seen, but that you want to see before you die? – the Aurora Borealis from somewhere near the Arctic.
- What’s your favourite song? – Silver Lining by First Aid Kit
- What scares you the most? – Failure. I have an innate fear of anything new. Rather than avoiding it, I tend to take it on full speed. Results can be mixed, but at least, I try.
- What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done? – Asked my the lady who is now my wife of 42 years to marry me. As a shy farm boy, I was not a social butterfly and see my answer to #9.
- What is your next big adventure? – a fall trip to Ireland, Italy and France.
I nominate the following bloggers, if they choose to participate:
- the world through my eyes
- the alchemists studio
- Caitlan Jean Russell
- Life as we see it
- Viking Girl Adventures
I know how much effort is required in participating in these nominations and will understand if you choose not to participate. I am not sure why, but I have had more than my fair share of nominations over the last 2 years. Others deserve their turn more and this will likely be the last one I participate in for a while.
I ask these 11 questions of my nominees:
- Which hobby do you wish you could spend more time at?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
- How would you save the world?
- If you could learn another language, what would it be?
- What is your favourite food to eat?
- What is your favourite dish to cook?
- Are you a morning person or a night person? Why?
- What’s your favourite book? Why?
- What most helps you get through your day?
- Have you ever bungee jumped?
- Who is your role model?
Please check out these new blogs. They are really worthwhile.