Full disclosure: The photos in this post were taken on December 7/19, as we wandered through downtown Edmonton, trying to find our Christmas spirit early on.
- the Edmonton Christmas Market. Likely not a fair assessment, as this was its first year and we did not pay the $10 admission fee ($5 on Thursday/Friday) to enter. We have seen other Christmas markets and we hope this one sticks around and becomes better in future years. *We did a revisit to the Christmas Market on December 19/19 and left with a much better impression. Watch for the post.*
- the City of Edmonton Christmas Tree. It looked a bit sparse and was leaning a bit. In fairness, we saw it in late afternoon. Perhaps it looked better in the dark.
- the noisy security guards at the Alberta Legislature that at times overpowered an otherwise great performance by the Edmonton Philharmonic Orchestra.
- The Christmas tree and large gingerbread house at the Hotel MacDonald. Big Christmas in a small space.
- The interior decorations at Edmonton City Hall. Very well done in a rustic way.
- The brightly illuminated buildings in downtown Edmonton. Not something we usually get to see as we live in the burbs.
- The Legislature grounds, Christmas tree and building. At least, Kenney did not cut this…..yet!
- The Edmonton Philharmonic’s performance of Christmas classics. We are going to make this an annual event…but seriously, somebody needs to tell the security guards to quiet down.
- The Edmonton Philharmonic Orchestra’s Christmas carol audience participation portion. We had fun and you could tell that the conductor and orchestra were having fun. This got our Christmas spirit going.
- Photo with Santa. Don’t know who he was or if he was a volunteer or just a local citizen trying to impart Christmas cheer, but it worked. Or, maybe, just maybe, the real Santa decided to pop by for a bit of fun.
How did you find your Christmas Spirit this year?
Edmonton Christmas Market
Edmonton City Hall
Alberta Legislature Grounds
Inside Legislature Building and Edmonton Philharmonic Orchestra performance.