The Blogger Recognition Award is an online award given by bloggers to other bloggers as a way of recognizing the efforts they put into their site.
I want to thank Wendy Megget (Writer) for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Wendy is a writer and published author, who writes light-hearted, self help and humorous articles. She makes her readers see the world a bit differently by adding a bit of humour to everyday situations. Please check out her blog. You will be glad you did.
The Rules for the Blogger Recognition Award
Thank the nominator, and publish a post on your blog about receiving the Blogger Recognition Award. Make sure to provide a link to the nominator’s blog in your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 10-15 other bloggers for this award, and inform them of their nomination.
My Blogging History
I had just retired in November 2014 and was about to embark on a 7 1/2 week trip to New Zealand, Australia and Vancouver. We had a dinner planned with the 6
victims, er, volunteers who were to look after the house and snow shoveling while we were gone. My blog was a way to keep them and our families up to date on our travel adventures and it just grew from there. The first blog, was a free blog site from WordPress https://retiredanddownunda.wordpress.com/ and was private and fulfilled this purpose, admirably. It never had a lot of readers, views or likes. It would seem many of my family and friends too shy to hit the LIKE button. That is OK. From time to time, they would let me know they were there.
I found that I liked blogging so much, I went on to the next free spot and the next and the next and now I am on #6. Leaving #5 with over 470 followers was tough, but it has never been about the Followers for me. It is about the readers of whom I have a loyal few. You know who you are. Thank you all for continuing to read and comment.
I post daily as much as possible and I write my posts based on the photos I take. Each set of photos stimulates my creativity in a different way. If I am in a creative mood, I write my posts in batches and keep them “in the hopper” for later posting. My posts are almost always time shifted in this fashion, sometimes as far as 2 months out.
Advice to New Bloggers
As a blogger of 6 sites and almost 5 years, I have received some advice from my readers and other bloggers that I have taken to heart.
- Write your posts as you would speak to a friend. Be yourself, be honest and be concise. Many bloggers do not have a lot of time in their day. Shorter posts are more readable and you will be rewarded.
- Read the posts of those bloggers who read you. If you like them, click LIKE. If the posts stimulates your mind, COMMENT. This may seem incredibly narcissistic of me, but LIKES and COMMENTS are the only way bloggers know if they are on the right track or if they need to improve their posts. Thanks to all who LIKE and COMMENT on my posts. You have made me a better writer.
And the Nominees are…
I know how much time and effort it takes to participate in these award nominations. Do not feel bad if you do not have the time or do not wish to participate. I enjoy reading all of your posts.
- Dave, The Photoblography
- Edge of Humanity
- Alea Around the World
- Joshi Daniel Photography
- Rolandomio Travel
- In the Net , Stories of Narcisssitic Survival
- Amanda Cade
- Viking Girl Adventures
- Mi objetivo es luminoso
- Love Travelling
Please visit these blog sites and I am sure you will not be disappointed.